SOMO Polycarbonate Blue Block UltraClear AR with ITO
- Superior Anti-Reflective Coat
- Anti-Static Coat(ITO) – Reduces Dust Particles
- Super Hydrophobic Coat – Water Resistant
- Oleophobic Coat – Grease Resistant
- Enhanced Surface Treatment
- Non-Slip Edging Pads Included
- SOMO Blue Block Coat
- Superior UltraClear AR Coat
- UV400 Protection
- Scratch-Resistant Hard Coat
- Hydrophobic top coating for superior durability and ease of cleaning.
What is a Blue Block UltraClear AR Lens?
- Reduced glare.
- State of The Art Quartz Coating for long lasting, crystal clear vision.
- Blue light emitted from electronic displays and LED lights are blocked to protect the eye.
- Delivers sharp vision by preventing contrast reduction.
Blue light can be easily increase eye strain and fatigue. The high energy and severe scattering of the blue light is a cause of glare and flashes. Blue light is emitted from electronics such as computer monitors, televisions, and smartphones, as well as LED light sources. Continued exposure to blue light, even in day to day living, will easily cause eye strain and fatigue.
Several studies cite, as well as OSHA and ISO data indicate the hazards associated with High Energy Visible(HEV) blue light, such as smartphones, tablets, and other handheld devices. Symtoms as diverse as sleep disorders in children and adolecents, headaches, blurred vision, and fatigue can be due to exposure blue light radianting from hand-held digital equipment.
Get To know Blue Block Products:
First you must understand the properties of blue light. There is good/beneficial blue light; there is bad/harmful blue light.
A lot of confusion falls with many persons believing that all blue light is bad. This is not true. We all need blue light to view colors and for our personal circadian rhythm. Some use a blue light tester pen but do not understand the blue light. The blue light wavelength in the laser pens is 405nm; this does not apply properly to blue light lenses. When testing our lenses, the laser pen light will pass thru the lens, but it is not the harmful blue light. You end up missing the point of the tester pen.
Our lenses block 48% of the harmful blue light from 380 to 500nm range. The balance that is not blocked is good or beneficial blue light.
SOMO Blue Block UltraClear AR reflects the harmful blue light away from the eyes while ensuring that the portion of blue light needed for optimal contrast and other health benefits are allowed to pass through the lens.