SOMO Aspheric 1.67 UV420+ Blue Block UltraClear AR with ITO
New March 2023
- Superior Anti-Reflective Coat
- Anti-Static(ITO) – Reduces Dust Particles
- Super Hydrophobic Coat – Water Resistant
- Oleophobic Coat – Grease Resistant
- UV 420
- Enhanced Surface Treatment
- Non-Slip Edging Pad Included
- Aspheric Design
- MR-7 Material
- 1.67 Refractive Index
- 1.35 Specific Gravity
- 32 Abbe Value
- 99.5% Visible Light Transmittance
- 100% UV Protection at 420nm
- Scratch-Resistant Hardcoat
- SOMO Factory Applied Hydrophobic Topcoat for Superior Durability and Cleanability.
What is a Blue Block UltraClear AR Lens?
- Reduced glare.
- State of the Art Quartz Coating for long lasting, crystal clear vision.
- Blue light emitted from electronic displays and LED light are blocked to protect the eye.
- Delivers sharp vision by preventing contrast reduction.
Blue light can easily increase eye strain and fatigue. The high energy and severe scattering of the blue light is a cause of glare and flashes. Blue light is emitted from electronics such as computer monitors, television, and smartphones, as well as LED sources. Continued exposure to blue light, even in day to day living, can cause eye strain and fatigue.
Several studies cite, as well as OSHA and ISO data indicate the hazards associated with High Energy Visible(HEV) blue light, such as smartphones, tablets, and other handheld devices. Symptoms as diverse as sleep disorders in children and adolescents, headaches, blurred vision, and fatigue can be due to exposure blue light radiating from hand-held digital equipment.
Get To Know Blue Block Products:
First you must understand the properties of blue light. There is good/beneficial blue light; there is bad/harmful blue light.
Before testing the efficacy of our blue block or UV420+ lenses using a blue light tester pen, it is important to differentiate between good and bad blue light. While some blue light is beneficial for color perception and regulating our circadian rhythm, there is also harmful blue light that should be blocked. Unfortunately, many people mistakenly believe that all blue light is harmful.
It is also important to note that the wavelength of the laser pens used in testing is 405nm, which is closer to violet light and does not represent the harmful blue light we aim to block. Our blue block lenses are specifically designed to block harmful high energy blue light, while still allowing beneficial blue light to pass through. Whether using our standard blue block, or UV420+ , it is important to recognize that harmful blue light will be blocked while beneficial blue light will still be transmitted.
Our types of lenses aim to improve visual comfort and provide benefits in blocking harmful blue light. Depending on the needs of the lab or ECP, either option will be a good choice for people wanting to reduce the impact of harmful blue light.